Dear Ryan Seacrest,

Dear Ryan Seacrest,
I need my own tv show. It's not so much a want, more a need. For both of us.
A bit about me: I am a typical 9 to 5'er (correction 9 to 6'er, that whole "9 to 5 bit" is a major falsity, I'll write to whoever started that lie later), who feels my talents would be better served in front of the camera of my own half hour (could be an hour if the editing was done right) television show. I am willing to do almost anything on my show (well except maybe bite the head off of a pigeon a la Ozzy Osbourne, but definitely don a unitard and walk the streets of Los Angeles with a midget a la Chelsea Handler - I love love love miniatures, but that's a separate letter). I am also great with people and can chase them down in 5 inch heels if necessary (don't ask). I think alcohol is 50% of the food pyramid and carbs should be the other 50. I used to be so ugly I had to sneak up on water to get a drink. I have a dating history that rivals "Another World" (RIP). I can also have an entire conversation with an answering machine or any other inanimate object.

Call me.


P.S: I don't eat meat.


Friday, November 25, 2011

Some people save babies, I save Manolo's.



The other day when I was getting ready to leave work I looked outside and it was POURING rain.  I went back inside and got my umbrella, then as I was about to walk into the rain I realized "MY SHOES!".  My fabulous beautiful SUEDE Manolo Blahnik shoes.

I looked out at the rain, then down at my shoes; out, down, out, down. I considered my options:

1. Run out in the rain praying my shoes don't get "too" wet.
2. Run out in the rain fully knowing my shoes will most likely get ruined.
3. Do the Redneck run - take my shoes off, and run like hell......barefoot.

Look classy, but most likely ruin my shoes or look trashy and not ruin my shoes??

So......off those suckers came! I put them in my bag, zipped it up, and made a run for it. Note to self: when running like hell barefoot in the rain, concrete is slippery when wet. I nearly fell 2 or 3 times, but I was focused on the end goal. Keeping the shoes safe.

Once I got to my car, I took my shoes out and inspected - not a drop on them. Whew. As I was preparing to drive away I realized there were definitely tiny pebbles jammed into the bottom of my feet. Shit....hmmm.....I found a gum wrapper and used it to get the pebbles out and soak up as much water as possible. Note to self: a 1 x 1 gum wrapper square does not absorb much water.

Finally, I was good to go...I looked over at my shoes one more time - still safe and sound.....Victory!

You can take the girl out of Oklahoma, but you can't take the Oklahoma out of the girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment